Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hats Off!

Here's to you Winter!  As you make your adieu, I will show off my favorite winter beautifuls.


This hat was made for a small head, not a child, just a tiny adult.  But I'm sure the pattern would work well for a child.  I found the flower pattern on ravelry and loved it immediately.  It's simple and quick and I can adjust the size hook and yarn to make various sizes.  I love the accenting pinks and I think they stand out against the black exquisitely.



This hat was made using my own pattern as well, but for a normal size head.  I used the same flower pattern as the previous hat.  When my customer asked for these three colours I didn't know if I would have the right shades to mix together, but I think it turned out quite nicely.  I like the clustering of the flowers.  Maybe three different pinks next time???



This hat was made as a gift for one of my residents.  She went through chemo and beat her cancer--yeah!!--but lost all her hair in the process.  Winter was especially chilly for her so she always wore a hat.  One day I told her she needed a girly hat since all her hats were brown, orange or navy blue.  So I got to work that night and made this for her.  The yarn is so fun and colourful that I simply loved how it turned out.  And so did she!!!  She wore it for the rest of the winter and got lots of complements.



This pattern I found in a library book.  I can't recall which one, but I have made several hats using this pattern and love every one.  The open weave is stunning when placed on the head.  The colour of this yarn also off-sets the pattern quite nicely.

Well there you have it!  Those are some of my favorite hats from this last winter.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are talented! I especially love the pink flowered ones, as the color pink is my fav.

    ReplyDelete